There is no doubt that to make your users stay on your application, you need to have robust apps that function efficiently. But to achieve this, it is important to ensure that there is no room left for inefficiency and every element of the application is considered for testing. Test coverage is one of the crucial considerations for developing applications. Though test coverage doesn’t assure for removing the bugs in the application, it provides the space to improve the quality and robustness of the applications with automation-testing.
Hence, increasing test coverage is essential for applications as this will help in tracking its performance and also increases the scope of the application’s quality. But, while planning to perform, identifying the right level for defining the plan can be challenging if teams don’t understand the techniques or the strategy for digital marketing or the ways to increase the coverage with automation testing.
What is Test Coverage?
Test Coverage is a plan where how much amount of the application is required to be testedis measured. This involves the number of tests, consideration of the possible devices and their operating system combinations, etc. Coding the more of the application improves the test coverage. Test coverage is further divided into different types such as code coverage, data-oriented coverage, etc.
What are the benefits of test coverage?
- Test Coverage Analysis helps to prevent defect leakage
- Helps to gain control over resource, time, scope, cost, and time
- Assists in identifying the coding paths that are not tested
- Ensures in determining the testing quality
- Assures to find the bugs at the early stage of the application development cycle
4 Best Ways to Increase Test Coverage with Automation Testing
1. Maintain a Test Plan: Test Coverage can be increased when there is a proper plan, where different testing strategies are defined. These testing strategies mainly include OS versions, devices, operating systems, etc. Also, make sure to define the percentage of the code coverage and test device coverage so that before you release the app there is a sufficient amount of test coverage with manual and automation testing.
2. Consider automation testing wherever possible: Automation testing and manual testing are the two ways of testing application. But, each of these has significant importance. Considering manual testing alone may not be a choice to increase the test coverage as it makes the testing process slow as it also leaves bottlenecks. Hence, the best way is to consider test automation wherever possible. Before going for testing you must check your router setting by opening 192.168.1.1 Login Page whether the setting is correct or not. This will make the testing process faster, helps in finding the bugs at the earliest, and as well as allows the teams to focus on other challenging tasks.
3. Perform tests on Large Scale: Another best way to increase your coverage is by conducting tests on a large scale. Planning a test environment that has an unlimited amount of devices eases testing and enhances the testing time. Also, this will help to perform automation testing with various device combinations and different operating system versions.
4. Review the tests occasionally: Make sure to review the test cases periodically to validate them. This helps to identify the test cases which are outdated and helps the current testing cycle.
The current digital world is effectively in need of applications that are error-free and quality-assured. And, to achieve this, it is crucial for the QA teams to have a strategy that can increase the test coverage. In order to achieve the best testing infrastructure, leverage automation testing services from the next-gen testing services provider.