Currently, many people seek different ways to deal with crime on their property, and having a security guard in our home or business will allow us to prevent various criminal acts, in addition to maintaining security and giving us a greater protection environment, providing assistance and control to customers, users and employees, in short, to prevent negative events from damaging our company or facilities. Therefore, today we will tell you why hire a security guard.
One the main reasons for hiring security guards in our home or business is to avoid theft, since with the increase of insecurity, there is a risk that our company or business is the victim of robberies and thefts, and this is a situation for which both owners and employees should be prepared. A private security guard is one of the most used measures to safeguard companies or businesses, allowing the workday to be safer and without setbacks for all the people who work and frequent the property.
In addition to being a measure of prevention against theft, security guards are responsible for monitoring that at all times things are running normally inside and outside the establishment, and that there are no people in the vicinity that act in a suspicious manner or that there is nobody with some kind of problem. This, in addition, serves as a highly effective deterrent method for thieves, and prevents a large number of thefts and misdemeanors that occur each day.
Importance of private security
Private surveillance can be carried out in a fixed manner in a specific environment and time, or sporadically when the service is punctual, such as at sporting events or construction sites, for example.
The security guards must be highly trained professionals trained to maintain security in the environment for which they have been hired. They must also know about techniques of personal defense, weapons management, mass management in emergency situations and risk; and acting in the presence of intruders.
What tasks should a security guard fulfill?
The security guards must carry out various tasks to ensure the protection of our property, our property and give us total peace of mind:
- A security guard must be in charge of access control. He must also supervise the entry and exit of certain people, vehicles or objects to the property he protects.
- Similarly, you must confirm credentials, check merchandise or restrict access to certain areas. In addition, it will ensure optimal detection of possible situations to avoid them. To be able to carry out, the security guards must have technology and systems that guarantee optimal results, such as scanners, security arches, lathes, authentication equipment, card readers, or whatever else is necessary.
- Within the company, a security guard must ensure that internal regulations are complied with, as well as notify visitors about them, so that incidents do not occur. It is important that a security guard be prepared to assist clients and employees.
- The knowledge that a security guard has on the use of weapons and on personal defense is what will allow him to react to any risk situation that may arise, be it acts of vandalism or the entry of thieves and criminals into the installations. This is very important so that no member of the company sees their integrity compromised or their life at stake.
- Another important reason to have security guards that they will be the first to be present when there is any eventuality or problem that requires police intervention in a private infrastructure. While awaiting the arrival of the patrol to the scene, the security guard is already there will be in charge of controlling the situation, allowing the eventuality not to get worse and people begin to feel more secure.
- In the event of any eventuality that requires police presence, a security guard must be responsible for monitoring the place of events and notify the different State Security Bodies. One of the main functions of a security guard is to control the situation and act in the least damaging way, maintaining calm.
- In addition, a security guard must constantly conduct surveillance rounds verifying that everything is in order when there is no activity in the company, in the workplace, or the different common areas of the property that remain empty. This type of measure produces a dissuasive and preventive effect, since the continuous presence of a security guard in a certain area, will reduce the different eventualities that may arise.
Security companies offer different services in security guards
We must bear in mind that when we hire security guards in companies with experiences, they will be prepared to react quickly and effectively to any dangerous situation. The guards who are hired by Alberta Security Guard Company are well trained, as they have received special training that allows them to help people in the different situations that may arise and in an appropriate manner. In this way, people not only feel protected, but also helped, and that is why they turn first to security guards to solve their doubts and problems.
Another reason why we must hire security guards through security companies is that these companies allow the work of security guards to be more secure and efficient. These companies, in addition to providing security guards with the appropriate training, can also provide advice on other methods of protection, such as security cameras and alarms.